The process, which is done by spraying parts containing aluminum oxide on the skin with the help of a special device, and which ensures the removal of the dead layer accumulated on the skin, is called “microdermabrasion”. This method, which was first developed in 1980, helps to eliminate many problems that arise due to the deterioration of the water and collagen balance in the skin over time. For this reason, it is one of the most frequently applied medical skin care methods.
Who Is Microdermabrasion Suitable For?
Microdermabrasion is applied in order to increase the effect of the procedure and to provide treatment as soon as possible in people who need skin rejuvenation and improvement. Especially acne scars, skin blemishes and aging effects are effectively removed by this process. For this reason, anyone who needs skin rejuvenation in any way can have microdermabrasion, which is a simple and effective method.
- Skin cancer,
- Presence of open acne or pimples on the skin surface,
- delicate skin structure,
- Having dense capillaries,
- Finding a flesh mole or wart
- Herpes and open injured skin,
- Dry skin,
- Auto-immune system disorders,
- Diabetes disease,
- acute eczema problem,
- Active keloid disease,
- Heavy and regular drug use
Microdermabrasion is not recommended in such cases.
How Is Microdermabrasion Done?
In the microdermabrasion process, first a pre-cleansing is applied to the skin, and the skin is cleaned by removing its oils. Afterwards, high-pressure aluminum oxide crystals are sprayed onto the skin with the help of special equipment in order to destroy the dead cells on the skin surface. Crystal dusts mixed with various substances are vacuumed again with the help of a special equipment and thus the dead cells that block the pores are cleaned. In addition, at the end of the procedure, the skin surface is given a smooth, lively and purified appearance.
Microdermabrasion is done in sessions lasting approximately 20-30 minutes. The number of sessions is arranged according to the needs of the person, but the usually recommended 6-8 sessions are to prepare a treatment program. At the end of the sessions, which are continued at one-week intervals, the effect is much more permanent and greatly reduces the risk of recurrence of existing problems.
Post-Process Points to Consider
It is quite normal to develop mild redness on the skin after microdermabrasion, but this appearance usually goes away on its own within a few hours. With the implementation of the recommendations, the permanence and success of the effects will increase further, so the following recommendations should be considered:
- The skin should not be touched at the end of the procedure to avoid infection of the skin surface.
- Sunscreen lotions should be used to protect from the harmful effects of sun rays.
- Make-up should not be applied immediately after the procedure, and the contact of chemicals such as soap with the skin should be avoided.
- After the procedure, applications such as solarium should not be entered.
- Chemical-free lotions and face creams should be used to prevent irritations and redness.
- Hard blows and lying face down should be avoided to prevent skin abrasion.
- A skin care routine should be planned as recommended by the physician and the recommendations should not be exceeded.
What Are the Benefits of Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a treatment that allows the damaged cells on the skin surface to be easily destroyed and the skin to gain a healthy appearance. Thanks to this treatment, which helps to remove the dead skin on the skin, the regeneration of the underlying tissues is also triggered, the collagen production in the skin accelerates and there is a general improvement. In addition to this, at the end of the process, the absorption rate in the skin increases and thus maximum benefit is obtained from the products used. In this respect, microdermabrasion, which acts as an effective base in other skin care applications, also comes to the fore with the following advantages:
- It is easy and practical as it does not require anesthesia.
- It does not require hospital stay or additional care, and there is no problem in returning to daily life after the application.
- The risk of side effects and complications is extremely low.
- It is one of the most effective skin care treatments.
- As it is applied without the use of chemicals, it does not pose a health risk and can be applied to skin with allergic effects without any problems.
- As it does not require a surgical method, it does not cover needle and subcutaneous applications and does not harm the tissues.
- Patient comfort is quite high.
- It is suitable for all skin types and colors.
- It affects all skin problems, shows anti-aging properties and provides a bright and lively appearance to the skin.
Microdermabrasion, which does not pose any risk when applied by a professional esthetician, is among the most beneficial methods among all skin treatments. For this reason, following the recommendations after dermabrasion will make the skin look healthier and more vibrant.
Reflecting your most cherished aesthetic goals while preserving individuality
Gallery View All
Istanbul Safe Medical